Tree Philodendron

Category
Indoor Plants
Health Rating
Poisonous
Latin Name
Philodendron bipinnatifidum

Description

Tree Philodendron is a large plant native to South America, but has been introduced around the world for ornamental purposes. These plants have large, deeply lobed leaves, sometimes being mistaken for a Monstera plant. The leaves grow off of a thick, brown branch, and have long green stems.

For Your Pet

The Tree Philodendron is poisonous to cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, and other small pets. If ingested by your pet, symptoms may include severe abdominal pain, difficulty swallowing, choking, intense burning of the mouth, lips, throat, and tongue, and gastrointestinal issues.

Warning

Do not feed your pet Tree Philodendron as it can cause serious illness and injury.

Resources

If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.

Comments