The tomato is a plump, red fruit plant that grows on vines, edible to your small pet. However, your pet should never consume the glandular-hairy stem and leaves of a tomato. While rabbits are primarily leaf
eaters, tomato leaves are poisonous to your pet.
For Your Pet
Although tomatoes are safe for small pets as a treat, never give your rabbit tomato leaves, which are poisonous to your pet.
Never feed your rabbit tomato leaves, as they are highly poisonous to your pet.
If you believe that your pet has been poisoned, immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.