Split Leaf Philodendron

Split Leaf Philodendron Photo
Indoor Plants
Health Rating
Latin Name
Monstera deliciosa


This plant has large glossy leaves that have a spade shape with slits up the leaf. The leaves are seen as a dark green.

For Your Pet

Although many people have these as indoor plants, split leaf Philodendron (also known as a Monstera) is mildly toxic to humans, cats, dogs, rabbits, and other small pets. If ingested, symptoms include excessive drooling, vomiting, difficulty swallowing, pain in the mouth, tongue, and lips, and swelling. Rabbits are known to actively seek out split leaf plants and will try to eat it. Keep away from small pets.


Do not feed split leaf philodendron to your pet. This plant can cause serious illness and injury.


If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.