Also known as spindle, spindleberry is a deciduous shrub or small tree that grows between ten and twenty feet tall with leaves that change from green to yellow to reddish purple depending on the season. The berries have four lobes and are red and pink in color.
For Your Pet
Spindle berries are toxic to small pets and children. These berries contain glycosides which can make your pet very sick if ingested.
Do not feed your pet spindleberry plants or berries as they can cause illness.
If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.