Red Emerald

Red Emerald Photo
Indoor Plants
Health Rating
Latin Name
Philodendron erubescens


Red Emerald Philodendrons are large plants grown usually as indoor house plants with large, glossy, duckbill shaped leaves and bright or deep red stems.

For Your Pet

Philodendron is poisonous to cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, and other small pets. If ingested by your pet, symptoms may include severe abdominal pain, difficulty swallowing, choking, intense burning of the mouth, lips, throat, and tongue, and gastrointestinal issues.


Do not feed your pet any philodendron as it can cause serious illness, injury, and possible death.


If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.