Ranunculus is a large genus of 600 or so species known commonly as buttercups. The green leaves may vary in shape. The flowers either contain five petals or several layers of overlapping petals that range in shades of white, yellow, or light greenish color. The stems can be erect with fine hairs covering them. The most common buttercups are the cultivated Ranunculus asiaticus.
For Your Pet
All ranunculus plants are poisonous however have an awful taste so they are typically not sought out. If ingested, these plants can cause severe blistering and burning in the mouth and throat, bloody fecal movement, and gastrointestinal issues that need immediate medical attention.
Never feed this to your pet. Buttercups can cause severe illness or death after consumption
If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.