Poison Hemlock

Poison Hemlock Photo
Outdoor Plants
Health Rating
Latin Name
Conium maculatum


Poison Hemlock is an extremely poisonous herbaceous flowering plant with a green or green and red hollow stem, finely divided triangular leaves, and clusters of very small white flowers that branch outward from the from the center.

For Your Pet

Poison Hemlock contains coniine alkaloids which is toxic to all mammals. Poisoning can include ingestion, inhalation, and contact. This plant is known to be fatal in the majority of cases.


Do not feed your pet Hemlock as it will cause serious illness and probable death.


If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.