Philodendron is a largest genus of flowering plants in the Araceae family. These plants are usually used as ornamental and indoor plants with huge leaves that can be heart, oval or several other shapes, with or without lobes or cuts.
For Your Pet
Philodendron is poisonous to cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, chinchillas, and other small pets. If ingested by your pet, symptoms may include severe abdominal pain, difficulty swallowing, choking, intense burning of the mouth, lips, throat, and tongue, and gastrointestinal issues.
Do not feed your pet philodendron as it can cause serious illness.
If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.