Nephthytis’ are flowering plants native to western Africa. They have large evergreen leaves similar to a foxes head shape- long and tapered to a point, with two “ears” before meeting where the stem grows into the leaf. The leaves are green with light green patterns. These plants are known to be highly toxic to pets.
For Your Pet
Nephthytis is highly toxic to pets including cats, dogs, rabbits, guinea pigs, and others. Symptoms may include difficulty breathing, swelling of the throat and mouth, oral irritation, intense abdominal pain, choking, increased respiratory rate, and possible death.
Keep your pet away from Nephthytis as they are highly toxic and can cause serious illness and death.
If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.