Nandina is a species of flowering plant native to eastern Asia and commonly found as an ornamental plant in gardens. These plants leaves vary in color depending on growth and season, ranging from a light green to a deep red, and has long, thick branches, and red berries that are toxic.
For Your Pet
Nandina is a toxic evergreen shrub with poisonous berries. Your pet will get sick if ingested due to containing cyanide and compounds in the plant that produce hydrogen cyanide. This plant is also poisonous to birds, dogs, cats, and grazing animals.
Do not feed your pet nandina plants as they will cause serious illness.
If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.