Moonflower is a perennial flowering plant native to tropical areas. The white or pink flowers are star shaped, or more likely pinwheel shaped with 5 grooves, bloom at night and retract in the morning. The leaves are round or heart shaped.
For Your Pet
As beautiful as moonflowers are, they are unfortunately toxic to most animals including cattle, horses, swine, cats, dogs, rabbits, and more. They are also mildly toxic to humans as well. Symptoms may include severe abdominal pain, diarrhea, agitation, confusion, lethargy, high blood pressure, and high heart rate.
Do not feed your pet moonflowers as it can cause serious illness and possible death.
If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.