Milk Bush

Milk Bush Photo
Outdoor Plants
Health Rating
Latin Name
Euphorbia tirucalli


Also known as pencil tree, milk bush is a tree that grows with succulent branches that are smooth and green with small yellow flowers at the end of the branches. The tree contains latex sap, which is toxic and corrosive.

For Your Pet

Milk bush trees contain a latex sap, causing skin irritation and inflammation if in contact, and can cause serious illness to your small pet including swelling and burning of the mouth and throat, choking, and gastrointestinal issues.


Do not feed your pet milk bush as it can cause serious illness and injury.


If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.