The Manchineel Tree is a species of flowering plant in the spurge family and the leaves and fruit resemble an apple tree. The tree has milky white latex sap and is known to be one of the most toxic trees in the world.
For Your Pet
The Manchineel Tree is toxic to humans and animals, causing intense burning and blistering of the skin, severe swelling of the mouth and throat if ingested, and internal bleeding along with other gastrointestinal issues. This plant can be fatal.
Keep yourself and your pet away from the Manchineel Tree as it can cause serious illness and injury, and possible death.
If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.