Lobelia is a genus of flowering plants containing large and small perennial, annual, and shrub species. Many differ in shape and size but all have similar simple leaves and tubular flowers with five lobes. The plant is usually covered with flowers with intense colors ranging in shades of blue, purple, white, and a few of pink.
For Your Pet
Lobelia is known to be toxic to humans and animals if ingested. Symptoms include nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, convulsions, irregular heartbeat, irregular blood pressure, and more. Because rabbits, chinchillas, and guinea pigs are small and sensitive, eating lobelia can cause serious health problems and possible death.
Do not feed your pet lobelias as they can cause serious illness and possible death.
If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.