Indian Turnip

Indian Turnip Photo
Health Rating
Latin Name
Arisaema triphyllum


This plant is a trifoliate, meaning the leaves are grouped together of three. The Indian Turnip is known by many different names and looks similar to poison ivy before its flower appears. The flower has a greenish-yellow and often have purple or brown stripes down the middle of the flower.

For Your Pet

Also known as Jack-in-the-pulpit, Indian Turnip contains calcium oxalate crystals which cause intense burning and inflammation of the mouth and throat if ingested, and in larger quantities, may affect breathing due to swelling.


Do not feed your pet Indian Turnip as it can cause serious illness and injury.


If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.