Hurricane Plant

Hurricane Plant Photo
Indoor Plants
Health Rating
Latin Name
Monstera deliciosa


Hurricane plant looks like a spade with slits up the leaf. The leaf can be quite large if given the right growing conditions.

For Your Pet

Although many people have these as indoor plants, Hurricane Plant is mildly toxic to humans, cats, dogs, rabbits, and other small pets. If ingested, symptoms may include for most animals excessive drooling, vomiting, difficulty swallowing, pain in the mouth, tongue, and lips, and swelling. Rabbits are known to actively seek out most Monstera plants and will try to eat it. Keep away from small pets.


Do not feed your pet Hurricane Plant as it can cause serious illness.


If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.