Hemlock, Water

Hemlock, Water Photo
Outdoor Plants
Health Rating
Latin Name
Cicuta virosa


Water hemlocks are Poisonous with thick roots, skinny long leaves, and clusters of small white flowers.

For Your Pet

Water Hemlock contains highly toxic compounds which can be fatal if ingested or inhaled. Symptoms can include seizures, vomiting, diarrhea, severe weakness, swelling in the brain, kidney failure, fatal respiratory distress, and more. This plant is deadly to many animals including livestock, humans, wild animals, and pets.


Do not feed your pet Hemlock as it will cause serious illness and probable death.


If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.