Hellebore flowers are small plants that resemble wild roses. Usually found with five large petals, short straight stems, and black roots, and blooms is winter. Colors can vary from white to pink, red, and purple.
For Your Pet
The entire plant is toxic and recommended to stay away from. When this plant is picked or broken, parts of it will seep sap which contains protoanemonin, and chemical that can cause severe burning of the mouth, eyes, skin, as well as gastroenteritis and hematemesis.
Never feed your pet Hellebore plants as they may become very ill.
If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.