Foxgloves are herbaceous perennial plants that bloom around early summer time. They have broad leaves with noticeable veins, and long bell-shaped flowers on a long stalk. Colors vary in shades of pinks and purples, sometimes white.
For Your Pet
Although rabbits do not like foxglove, it is strongly recommended to keep them away. If ingested, symptoms may start to show as well as choking, lethargy, and diarrhea. Symptoms long after ingested include cardiac arrhythmias, severe abdominal pain, tremors, and more very serious issues. Humans can also experience these as well as hallucinations, delirium, headache and muscle weakness.
Do not feed your pet foxglove as it can cause severe illness or death.
If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.