Fireweed is a tall magenta wildflower that thrives in meadows, around streams, and in forests. They have unique long narrow leaves and clusters of tall flowers with a stem from the leaves to the flowers that turn from green to a reddish color.
For Your Pet
Although Fireweed flowers are beautiful, they are poisonous to livestock, cats, dogs, rabbits, and other animals as well as humans. Symptoms in your pet may include vomiting, lethargy, diarrhea, and loss of appetite. Reports of Fireweed poisoning is more toward cattle and horses, although small pets and humans can get sick as well.
Do not feed your pet Fireweed as it may cause serious illness.
If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.