English Laurel

English Laurel Photo
Outdoor Plants
Health Rating
Latin Name
Prunus laurocerasus


English Laurel is used as hedging or bordering a perimeter. They are an evergreen shrub with tough dark green leaves with clusters of cream colored flowers, and grow small dark purple berries.

For Your Pet

English Laurel, and any other Laurel plants (other than Bay Laurel) are poisonous. This plant contains cyanogenic glycosides and amygdalin, which can cause serious respiratory issues, diarrhea, and intense pain in the mouth.


Do not feed your pet English Laurel as it can cause serious illness.


If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.