Deadly Amanita

Deadly Amanita Photo
Outdoor Plants
Health Rating
Latin Name


Amanita is a genus of wild mushrooms, most of which are deadly. They vary in sizes and colors, but the most common are mushrooms with white stems, red caps with white specks on them.

For Your Pet

Most Amanita mushrooms are deadly to anyone who consumes them. While few are edible and others are used as a hallucinogen, it was much wiser to not risk ingestion and stay from any wild mushrooms unless you are knowledgeable about them. Deadly Amanita can kill you within a few bites.


Do not feed your pet Deadly Amanita as death is inevitable.


If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.