Cutleaf Philodendron

Cutleaf Philodendron Photo
Indoor Plants
Health Rating
Latin Name
Thaumatophyllum bipinnatifidum


This plant has large glossy leaves that have a spade shape with slits up the leaf. The leaves are seen as a dark green.

For Your Pet

Although many people have these as indoor plants, Cutleaf Philodendron is mildly toxic to humans, cats, dogs, rabbits, and other small pets. If ingested, symptoms include excessive drooling, vomiting, difficulty swallowing, pain in the mouth, tongue, and lips, and swelling. Rabbits are known to actively seek out Cutleaf plants and will try to eat it. Keep away from small pets.


Do not feed cutleaf philodendron to your pet. Could cause illness and or death to your pet


If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.