Coral plant

Coral plant Photo
Health Rating
Latin Name
Jatropha multifida


Also known as Coralbush, Coral plant is a large shrub that can grow up to 15 feet tall. Coral plant has many long, star shaped green leaves that deeply divide into 9 to 11 segments that taper off into points, with bunches of small, bright red flowers. When cut or broken, this plant exudes latex sap, which is a milky white.

For Your Pet

Coral plant is extremely dangerous to humans as well as your pets. When broken or cut, this plant exudes latex sap, which is milky white, and can cause serious skin burns and rashes. The seeds of the Coral plant is also very toxic and can cause paralysis, numbness, intense pain, increase in heartbeat, and fluctuating blood pressure.


This plant is extremely dangerous to you and your pet if ingested or if the sap is on your skin. Please keep your pet away as it may cause severe distress and illness.


If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.