Boston Ivy

Boston Ivy Photo
Outdoor Plants
Health Rating
Latin Name
Parthenocissus tricuspidata


This vine plant is a green plant that can grow up 30 feet with the stable structure including a tree or wall. The vines leaves change with the season to a bright red.

For Your Pet

Ingesting Boston Ivy can cause swollen mouth, vomiting, abdominal pain, and rashes to humans, dogs, and other small pets. The vines and leaves have small spikes or hairs that can cause open sores on the skin and inside the body if ingested, which can cause infection. Please keep your pets away from Boston Ivy.


Do not feed Boston Ivy to your pet. Possibility of illness after consumption.


If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.