The asparagus fern is a perennial herb with green stems with leaves. in the spring you see small flowers from the stem of the plant. In the summer you will see berries that will change from green to black as it turns to winter.
For Your Pet
Also known as emerald feather, emerald fern, or lace fern, it can be toxic to your pet. If ingested, severe gastrointestinal issues can occur. Skin inflammation can also appear if exposed.
Asparagus Fern is poisonous to your pet. Never feed asparagus fern to your rabbit and other small pets.
If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.