Agave is part of the genus of monocots, which is known as a flowering plant. Although it can live past two years, once the rosette (leaves) blooms it then dies.
For Your Pet
The leaves on the agave are what are poisonous to your pet. If they ingest them it can burn and injure their mouth as well as all the soft tissue as it goes down. Swelling can also occur.
Agave is poisonous to your pet, don’t let them eat it! If they ingest them it can burn and injure their mouth as well as all the soft tissue going down, swelling can also occur.
If you believe that your pet has been poisoned immediately call your vet or one of the animal poison control hotlines on this list.